Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Happy Enough to See

Office light

I’ve been noticing in myself a trend lately – that of feeling great pleasure in seeing photographs of evidently unremarkable objects. A red chair in the corner, a metal office cabinet, blurred shot of night lights. Things that shouldn’t warrant attention but that evoke emotion and amusement when captured in a frame.

I suppose it’s because abstract visuals are plenty sufficient to provide stimulus and pleasure. Lines, textures, shapes, colors – whether distinguishable or not, remarkable or not – when they’re composed together thoughtfully and expressed through the visual medium, an undeniable exhibition of life occurs. With such images, I do not need to consider and analyze concretely to derive enjoyment. I’m merely happy enough to see. 

No comments: