Monday, March 3, 2014

I'm a Beginner

I want to make good, satisfying work.

Right now, the reality that getting to this result is very, very difficult is hitting me hard. There's nothing like knowing something by experience. I thought I understood that creative work would be challenging and difficult and that I'd suck for a while, but it's much harder to swallow now that I'm in it.

But, it's okay. The process is engaging, and I continue to have drive for it. I'm inspired daily by the work I see from others, and I'm excited to continue working to get there

Here is a quote from Ira Glass I found on Younga Park's blog a while ago that hits home for me.

"You can tell that what you're making is kind of a disappointment to you...The most important possible thing you can do is a lot of work."

1 comment:

Carms said...

Hwaiting Dave! You are BOLD and have great TASTE. Wishing you close that gap sooner and be encouraged always.