Wednesday, July 16, 2014

The Perils of Freedom and Fighting Myself

It's incredible how difficult it is to not be told what to do. In the past few months of (f)unemployment, layers upon layers of self-doubt and insecurity have gotten in the way of taking the steps toward creativity and meaningful work. The more I lose to my own poor habits, the more tempting it is to consider replying to the recruiters' emails for job opportunities. I do need to make money to support myself, but I can't accept defeat, yet. And, in the days/weeks/months I remain in the twilight zone between ideas to action, the closer I creep toward having no decision, to effectively being told what to do because of my inaction and need to survive.

If you are a freelancer or an entrepreneur, have you been stuck in this gap? How have you clawed out, and what are some tips you can give to help me beat my seemingly insurmountable inertia?

No comments: