Thursday, October 23, 2014

Do Mediocre

People tell you, you need to produce meaningful, quality stuff. Because unless you're hitting home runs, ya ain't doing sheee.

It's paralyzing. I want to write songs. I want to write blog posts about theology. I want to do work that's interesting and natural to me. But you know what? The need for excellence is a huge hinderance.

I've grown up surrounded by the notion that you gotta be the best...or bust. So what happens if the stuff I'm making (but love to make) are just so...so so?

Paralysis.

I've been in paralysis for some time now, and I have to say...I'd rather be mediocre than idle (and safe). So I'm going to make a ton of mediocre stuff and hope that, in between, there will be some gems that will bring about some happiness and good in the world.

No comments: